Sharing Your Passion
Help visitors get the best experience in Yosemite by sharing your park knowledge. Visitor information assistants spend a month helping visitors enjoy Yosemite’s natural, cultural and educational activities in various locales throughout the park.
Most work schedules are 32 hours per week with time off to explore the park. All participants receive online and on-site training. They enjoy free entrance into the park; camping at shared or individual campsites in Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows and Wawona; a 30 percent discount on books and educational materials at Yosemite Conservancy bookstores; and discounts from the park concessionaire in various locations.
Our volunteers assist visitors at these locations:
- Yosemite Museum
- Yosemite Art Center
- Valley Visitor Center
- Yosemite Village information booth
- Happy Isles information booth
- Day visitor parking lots
- Shuttle stops
- Mariposa Grove
Tuolumne Meadows (Mid-June to Late Sept)
- Visitor Center
- Parsons Lodge
- Olmsted Point
- Visitor Information Assistant Frequently Asked Questions
- Visitor Information Assistant Position Description
- Visitor Information Assistant Schedule of Dates and Locations
- Visitor Information Assistant Application (Applications for 2020 will be available in the next calendar year.)
Become a Donor
Give back to the park you love! Yosemite Conservancy relies on the generosity of donors to provide for Yosemite’s trails, habitat, wildlife and more including this award-winning volunteer program. By donating, you support the Conservancy’s work throughout the park and receive great benefits.